Referring your patients to Dilworth Hearing is easy. There are multiple referral options available as follows:
- Medtech Connected Care
- Manage My Health
- Email: email@example.com
- Dilworth Hearing GP voucher – $60 Full Diagnostic Hearing Assessment for your patients (usually $120).
- GP referral form – download here
When to refer
If you are unsure whether you should refer a patient, feel free to use our Hearing Handicap Inventory (HHI) questionnaire.
The HHI screening questionnaire is used to assess a patient’s hearing difficulties, determining whether hearing loss is present and to what extent it is affecting a patient’s quality of life.
It’s made up of 10 questions about how patients cope with hearing in common daily situations. Results do not indicate the degree of hearing loss, but the perceived level of hearing issues.
Advantages of using the HHI as a screening tool:
- Quick and easy to use, both for you and the patient
- No specific training is required to accurately use the questionnaire
- Patient can fill out the questionnaire independently
- The results of the questionnaire gives a good indication on how motivated patients are to improve their hearing.
- If your patient scored 10 or more on the questionnaire, we would recommend that you refer them onto us for further investigation into their hearing concerns.
Click here to download the HHI form and refer your patient (if required) through the form below or the above contact methods.
When you have referred a patient to us, Dilworth Hearing undertakes the following process:
- Patient will be booked in for a full diagnostic hearing assessment
- If hearing loss is found, we will have a consultation to discuss hearing treatment and funding options. Or if required the audiologist will refer on to an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist
In the event that your patient would benefit from hearing aids, we will provide them with a 60-day money-back guarantee on all hearing aids including free adjustments over this two-month trial period.